PROJECT OSIRIS (DESTINY'S NEW PC)
WHY ARE YOU BUILDING A NEW PC?
Emilia (my main computer) was my very first PC build I ever did. Over the years, I've been pleased with her performance at any game I threw at her. For the past two years, however, I've been eyeing at building a new PC to replace her since she's begun having numerous issues.
- The boot drive is on an HDD, not SSD.
- I've had to dial back her CPU overclock numerous due to motherboard issues
- Motherboard ports randomly began malfunctioning.
- Fans began developing a large whining sound.
- HDD, SSD, PSU, and CPU cooler are beginning to fail.
While I could replace all parts, it's much easier to build a new system. Plus, having two gaming computers in the house can come in handy! :D
HOW MUCH DID THE NEW PC COST?
Adding up all the parts together along with shipping, Osiris comes out to a little under $3500. Yes, I know it could've been enough to completely overhaul Emilia, but as said in the answer above, I wanted to start fresh.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR OLD PC?
Emilia will be turning into my secondary PC that I'll be using in another room. I may also turn her into a streaming PC but I don't think that's necessary with my channel considering how small it is. Also, before I can do that, I'd need to overhaul her, which is in planning stages.