Version 1.5.3 - Last updated May 28, 2021
UPDATE Sept. 4, 2021
Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I last updated this page and I'm honestly surprised how much of you people enjoy this quirky fun challenge I made in the span of a few days! Really means a lot to me so thank you if you and your friends do these challenges!
As you already know, Phasmophobia recently got a huge update which overhauled certain aspects of the game. We now have a boost sprint, hunts are entirely different, all ghosts have had their evidences shuffled, etc. Since the game got overhauled, I've been working behind the scenes to figure out ways to overhaul the traits to have them match the new feel of the game. If you have any more ideas on your trait ideas, please put them down in the suggestions box! I'd really love to try a new rotation method of some kind.
With that being said, with new changes coming to the Traits Challenge, this page may bug out for you and your friends in the upcoming days. If it does, don't panic, it's probably because I'm in the middle of reworking some of the traits and wheels. For the time being, enjoy the new update and all it has to offer and check back in the next few days while I work on updating this!
Again, thank you to those who've played this and have given some really good feedback to improve it! Happy Hunting! - DestinysPowerOS
How does this challenge work?
Before every mission, each player will have to spin the "Trait Challenge Wheel" to see which trait is applied to them. Every player will have a different trait(s) assigned and follow through with it until the end of the mission, depending on the trait. The goal is to Complete the Trait!
If you die or fail to finish the trait, depending on the trait assigned to you, it will carry over into the next mission along with a new trait applied to you. So, the more you die in a row, the more traits can stack on top of one another and the more punishments can hurt you! The max traits can stack is 5. You can do more if your group is ballsy enough. :)
NOTE!: Two or more players cannot have the same exact trait applied to them! If two or more people have the same trait, one or more must reroll! (This is done due to certain traits being on multiple people make the game practically impossible.)
Destiny is applied the trait of "Deaf." He plays the game without audio and ends up dying to the ghost during a hunt. On the next mission, he spins the wheel again and gets "Paranoid." On this next mission, not only does he have to do Deaf, he also has to do Paranoid. If he survives the next mission, everything clears and he's back to one trait the next mission. If he dies again, his previous traits are added on along with a new trait in the next mission.
If you have any questions, feel free to pop into my Twitch Stream and ask! You can find me here: http://www.twitch.tv/destinyspowerofstupidity
What counts as a Completed Trait Challenge?
To complete your Trait Challenge, you must successfully figure out the type of ghost you're dealing with, achieving two of the three Optional Objectives, and (depending on the trait) SURVIVING!
BONUS: If you finish all three of the Optional Objectives, you get to spin the Bonus wheel! Only have one person in your group spin the bonus wheel when your group has already assigned new traits.
Different Trait Challenges
Note: Any traits marked with (*) means it can be considered completed if they've completed their trait before dying in a hunt while also having identified the ghost and 2 of the 3 optional objectives completed.
If you and your group managed to complete all the Optional Objectives, you get to spin the wheel! ONLY ONE PERSON SHOULD SPIN THE WHEEL! Good luck! :D
Give me Feedback!
- A way to take some stuff off the wheel. The blind and deaf ones aren't as fun as the other ones.
- The way you play is entirely up to you and your group! If you don't like some of the traits, you don't have to do them and can just reroll if your group is okay with it! As for the blind trait, I've gotten a lot of negative feedback regarding this trait. As such, I've removed it and replaced it with "Shut in."
Thank you for your suggestion Zenzi! :D
- The only feedback I have is maybe for the wheel to be at the top of the webpage, bc I'm viewing it on mobile with Phas open on my PC and it took me a min to actually find the wheel/navigate to it every time we needed to spin it.
I'll see what I can do to make it more "Mobile-Friendly" since I didn't think about it when I first created the page. Thanks for the feedback! :)
- UPDATE: I've moved 2 of the wheels above the traits to make it easier on Mobile Users! :)
Thank you for your suggestion queerfox13!
- Trait Suggestion:
Gamer Trait: Any person with this trait must stop at a computer in sight for 10 seconds in order to keep their right as a gamer, including during hunts.
- That's a really good trait idea! Unfortunately, the max amount of traits the wheel can handle before bugging out is 50, which we're at. So if there's a time where I need to replace one, I'll do so with your trait.
- UPDATE: I've decided to remove the Limp trait and replace it with the Gamer trait.
Thank you for your suggestion Ileia!
- My ghosty pals and I have done this for about 12 games so far over the course of a few days. We've kept it mostly to the house maps as some of these would be crazy hard on the larger maps (HS/Prison/Asylum). It's added a bit of extra fun as more of the beta stuff rolls out. We've like most of the traits as they range from fun, easy and silly (i.e. germaphobe/limited vocab) to pretty hard (i.e. UV Expert). If you're going to make someone Ghost Bait, they should be exempt from adding to the hunt.
I'm glad to hear that you and your folks are enjoying the challenge! I mainly wanted to mix in the best of hard challenges and the fun ones, so it's good to hear it's being liked! During our testing, we kept it to small maps as well, but we've had a few... "interesting" things happen to us on the bigger maps. (Some of which we couldn't stop laughing at). But they are compltely do-able. You do make a good point on the Ghost Bait trait. I just thought it would just be common for the person that got Ghost Bait to not put any inventory in. But seeing as you pointed it out, I've added a note to ensure this is more clarified.
Thank you for the suggestion kozyshank!
- TRAIT SUGGESTION:
Thirsty - This means that the player that has this trait has to have two bottles of water beside them IRL. Then every 30 sec, the player must take a sip of water.
While this is a nice suggestion, we're trying to keep everything pertaining to the game play as much as possible. Keeping track of drinking every 30 seconds doesn't necessarily impact the gameplay too much and not many people would go out of their way to get/drink water every 30 seconds.
Thank you for your suggestion Achlys!
- TRAIT SUGGESTION:
Sleepy - Everytime you pass a Bed, you need to stand by it for 10 seconds.
Similar to the Washing Hands and Gamer:
Cabin Fever - You can't stay inside the building for more than 3 minutes at a time. THIS INCLUDES DURING HUNTS!
Drastic - Person with this trait can not use any item they used las game. If this is your first game of the session, roll the banned item wheel 4 times for the times you can't use, or reroll for another trait.
I love these ideas for traits! Unfortunately, I can only have up to 50 traits at a time or the wheel ends up bugging out on the page. So when we plan on rotating Traits out, these will definitely go on the list for replacing them!
Thank you for your suggestion Dawson!
- Created Challenge Page
- Added Information/How It Works
- Added 43 Challenges with Descriptions
- Added wheels on side panels
- Revised Challenge Information
- Changed what counts as a completed Trait to only require 2 of 3 Optional Objectives
- Changed certain traits to allow completion before death
- Added 7 New Challenges with descriptions
- Added Bonus Reroll if players completed all optional objectives
- Added notes to certain traits for more clarification
- Added example in information for clarity
- Changed Young At Heart Trait to require 2 stuffed animals instead of 3 to account for spawning.
- Added note to Young At Heart Trait for map warning
- Changed Control Trait Note to prevent counters
- Added what counts as a ghost event for more clarity
- Added an alternate trait for Disorientated Trait for VR Users
- Removed Tidy Trait due to it rarely happening.
- Added Limited Vocabulary Trait
- Removed Reroll option for completing all three optional objectives.
- Added new wheel to spin for completing all optional objectives
- Added descriptions for Bonus Wheel picks
- Modified Trait Wheel so Traits were no longer in Alphabetical Order
- Rewrote the "Auditor" trait to give it more clarity
- Renamed the "Oversized" trait to "Claustrophobic" after feedback from players
- Modified the Bonus Wheel information to make it more clear
- Rewrote the Bard description to make more clear
- Redid Bonus wheel descriptions to condense information
- Modified the Mute, Deaf, and Blind traits to ensure these cannot stack as it would make it insanely difficult
- Added the note of multiple players cannot have the same exact trait due to difficulties with certain stacks
- Added an optional note to Raver Trait. (Thanks to u/LaFemminaVolpe on reddit for the suggestion!)
- Added PurpleMohave, PlayfulKitty, and MacGyver to the Special Thanks as they helped point out same trait issues and stacking issues
- Removed the Blind Trait as many people complained about it being too hard (Thank you for your feedback! :D)
- Added the Shut In Trait to replace the Blind Trait
- Modified the Trait wheel to accommodate this change
- Moved the Trait and Banned Items wheel to make it easier for Mobile Users. (Thanks for u/queerfox13 on reddit for the feedback!)
- Added the note to "Ghost Bait" to make sure the person with this trait does not have to add any equipment to the hunt. (Thank you kozyshank for the suggestion)
- Renamed the "Nyctophile" trait to Vampire to correct it's definition and to ensure less confusion between it an Nyctophobic
- Removed the Limp trait as it really didn't affect the game much
- Added the Gamer Trait (Thank you to Ileia W for suggesting this trait!)
- Cleaned up the Feedback notes to make it more appealing to read.
- Cleaned up the change log notes to make it more appealing to read.